Last night i was driving home from work and i get a call from my friend asking me to pick him up from a party that he was stranded at. I was already exhausted and if I were to stop and turn around to go get him, I would have to get gas and my budget doesn't really allow for frequent purchases. but I went anyways and got him. I figured that it would be the right thing to do seeing as he is my friend and all.
I volunteered to help clean up after a huge soccer tournament. I helped take down the nets, clean up trash, and fold chairs & tables. I'm glad I helped because it would have taken the people forever to clean things up.
Last summer I did Relay for Life, which is where you raise money for cancer research. It was my forth summer doing it. My team raised over $1,000. It was a great feeling and personal for me because my mom’s best friend has cancer. I always did relay for her because she was an important person in my life. She passed away last week and I will keep doing relay for Ms. Cathy and other cancer patients. I believe it is a wonderful thing to do.
About two months ago I was at the Childrens Memorial Hospital and volunteered by cleaning up a little and saying hi to a few kids who looked like they needed someone to talk to for a little.
I love helping out with that hospital because my brother is an epileptic and Childrens Memorial took the brain tumor that he had. His seizures went down from 10 down to 4 a day. I am so grateful for that so now whenever I am free, I go downtown to the hospital and help out as much as I can.
I am a peer minister for my church, and every Sunday for 3 hours I go and help out an adult catechist teach freshmen in bible study. We get to go to places like Interfaith house and help make dinner for PADS. It is really rewarding to help people grow in their faith and help less fortunate people simply by making dinner or chatting with them. I'm really glad I get to do this every Sunday ~Kelly Cannon~
After a lock-in that I had stayed up all night for we had to go to church in the morning. One of the couples at my church has three little kids. I volunteered to have one of them sit with me during the entire service just to help them out so they didn't have so much to look after. Then they asked me to babysit their kids two days in a row and I worked for free one of the days because it was helpful.
Last summer I participated in a couple of Eagle Projects and events for Boy Scouts. I assisted in a project which created a garden for the people at Clearbrook center. This let these people enjoy the outdoors more. I also participated in setting up tents for people who were walking in the Avon walk for Breast Cancer. These people were extremely exausted from walking this marathon and they were extremely grateful for these kind gestures.
On Saturdays I volunteer at Northwest Special Recreation Association. It's a program in which I help take care of and interact children with various disabilities through games and other recreational activities. It's so amazing to see them enjoy the simple things in life and it's great feeling to know that I made a difference in somebody's life. - Neha Thomas
I remember last year over the summer, my friend cinnamon and I saw a kid being bullied by four other kids that were the same age as him, about 10 or 11 years old. I told cinnamon that we should go over there and do something about it so after going over across the street we had a long talk w/ them and said how we dont like the fact that that was happening. After the whole thing was over, I told the kid Billy, to never take that kind of stuff from another kid just because he looks weaker and smaller from everyone else and now im pretty sure that everything is fine w/ him. Karol Piluk
A couple weeks ago after a football game, one of my teammates was carrying our bin of snacks & drinks back to her car by herself. I helped her take it to her car even though I knew my dad was waiting for me and would get mad if I took too long. It definitely felt good to help her.
I volunteered at Poplar Creek Prairie Stewards; cutting branches, collecting seeds. It helps preserve native plants by protecting them from the ever-increasing population of deer that feed on those plants.I'm glad I could help nature even if it is only a small action.
On Saturday October 15th, I took part in the District 211 Charity Walk. It's where all of the D211 school come together non-competitively for a good cause. It was a lot of fun and it was great to see so many people waking up early on a weekend to do this, I had a great time doing so because it felt great.
On Saturday, I volunteered to help out at my martial arts' Halloween Party for the little kids. I didnt have to get up early and go, but I did anyways. There were also two people who dont necessarily get along with me who were helping out too but seeing the children in their adorable costumes made everything better. Especially the kid who was dressed up as Gene Simmons. That was the best one.
Every Tuesday that I am available, I go to my church to help out a the food pantry. I usually help sort food, set up tables, hand out food, and then help clean up afterwards. It can be pretty boring at times, but just the same I always feel good about myself for helping out. Most of the other people working their are above 60 so it's nice to be able to make their work easier.
I helped a friend out at her yard sale. It was a lot of fun because we got to hang out but I also helped her and her family sell a lot of old stuff and make a few bucks.
There is this girl on my bus who isn't really popular. She is short, a freshman and not very confident. I decided out of everyone to sit by, I wanted to sit by her. I had a nice chat with her and when she went to get off the bus, she left a book where she had been sitting. I picked it up and ran it to her because she was already getting off the bus. It's not a really fantastic thing, but I do love helping people.
Over the summer i helped out my neighbor with furniture that they needed to put in the house. I thought it would be a good thing to do because they were pretty old and the furniture was pretty heavy and they could of got hurt doing it themselves. -Swagg :)
Everyday, except Tuesdays, I volunteer half of my lunch hour to VAMP (Viking Advisory and Mentoring Program). I help to lead a group of freshmen to help them get through their first year of high school. It is an awesome experience because I can really tell that they are starting to love it and I feel great that I am helping to impact their lives, even in a small way. Also, last Saturday I volunteered at an old folks home to play bingo with them. They were so cute and I just had a great time making small talk with them! I'm definitely going to go back there!
I volunteered at PADS which provides a shelter and food for those who are homeless at churches. It was a great experience because you never notice how normal these people are. They have cars, computers, and jobs, but they just lost their homes. Being homeless is a real thing, and people should try to help their neighbors to their best extent.
I volunteered at PADS which provides a shelter and food for those who are homeless at churches. It was a great experience because you never notice how normal these people are. They have cars, computers, and jobs, but they just lost their homes. Being homeless is a real thing, and people should try to help their neighbors to their best extent.
I've volunteered to help out at Little City, by going once a week with some friends. There, we play basketball and talk with boys our age who have special needs. By giving just a little bit of time from my weekly schedule, I have been able to help out a lot in the local community. Also, I have seen the differences in background, abilities, and needs - but also seen the similarities that all humans share, like our ability to love and want to be loved.
I am going to help at a race this weekend setting up and tearing down the course and also getting the runners ready to go with their chips and all. I'm glad I'm going to help because these people could use all the helping hands they could get and the race is for a good cause.
Last month, I participated in a downsyndrome walk for my two baby cousins. We went down to Cantigny Park and raised money for our team. There were also about 50 other teams there, and there were raffles, fun houses, and a dj. It felt so good to know that the money I spent on the whole event was going towards such a great cause. It's a good feeling to make a difference!
23 comments:
Last night i was driving home from work and i get a call from my friend asking me to pick him up from a party that he was stranded at. I was already exhausted and if I were to stop and turn around to go get him, I would have to get gas and my budget doesn't really allow for frequent purchases. but I went anyways and got him. I figured that it would be the right thing to do seeing as he is my friend and all.
I volunteered to help clean up after a huge soccer tournament. I helped take down the nets, clean up trash, and fold chairs & tables. I'm glad I helped because it would have taken the people forever to clean things up.
Last summer I did Relay for Life, which is where you raise money for cancer research. It was my forth summer doing it. My team raised over $1,000. It was a great feeling and personal for me because my mom’s best friend has cancer. I always did relay for her because she was an important person in my life. She passed away last week and I will keep doing relay for Ms. Cathy and other cancer patients. I believe it is a wonderful thing to do.
About two months ago I was at the Childrens Memorial Hospital and volunteered by cleaning up a little and saying hi to a few kids who looked like they needed someone to talk to for a little.
I love helping out with that hospital because my brother is an epileptic and Childrens Memorial took the brain tumor that he had. His seizures went down from 10 down to 4 a day. I am so grateful for that so now whenever I am free, I go downtown to the hospital and help out as much as I can.
I am a peer minister for my church, and every Sunday for 3 hours I go and help out an adult catechist teach freshmen in bible study. We get to go to places like Interfaith house and help make dinner for PADS. It is really rewarding to help people grow in their faith and help less fortunate people simply by making dinner or chatting with them. I'm really glad I get to do this every Sunday
~Kelly Cannon~
After a lock-in that I had stayed up all night for we had to go to church in the morning. One of the couples at my church has three little kids. I volunteered to have one of them sit with me during the entire service just to help them out so they didn't have so much to look after. Then they asked me to babysit their kids two days in a row and I worked for free one of the days because it was helpful.
-Kelly Bierer
Last summer I participated in a couple of Eagle Projects and events for Boy Scouts. I assisted in a project which created a garden for the people at Clearbrook center. This let these people enjoy the outdoors more. I also participated in setting up tents for people who were walking in the Avon walk for Breast Cancer. These people were extremely exausted from walking this marathon and they were extremely grateful for these kind gestures.
Jake Klein
On Saturdays I volunteer at Northwest Special Recreation Association. It's a program in which I help take care of and interact children with various disabilities through games and other recreational activities. It's so amazing to see them enjoy the simple things in life and it's great feeling to know that I made a difference in somebody's life.
- Neha Thomas
I remember last year over the summer, my friend cinnamon and I saw a kid being bullied by four other kids that were the same age as him, about 10 or 11 years old. I told cinnamon that we should go over there and do something about it so after going over across the street we had a long talk w/ them and said how we dont like the fact that that was happening. After the whole thing was over, I told the kid Billy, to never take that kind of stuff from another kid just because he looks weaker and smaller from everyone else and now im pretty sure that everything is fine w/ him.
Karol Piluk
A couple weeks ago after a football game, one of my teammates was carrying our bin of snacks & drinks back to her car by herself. I helped her take it to her car even though I knew my dad was waiting for me and would get mad if I took too long. It definitely felt good to help her.
I volunteered at Poplar Creek Prairie Stewards; cutting branches, collecting seeds. It helps preserve native plants by protecting them from the ever-increasing population of deer that feed on those plants.I'm glad I could help nature even if it is only a small action.
On Saturday October 15th, I took part in the District 211 Charity Walk. It's where all of the D211 school come together non-competitively for a good cause. It was a lot of fun and it was great to see so many people waking up early on a weekend to do this, I had a great time doing so because it felt great.
On Saturday, I volunteered to help out at my martial arts' Halloween Party for the little kids. I didnt have to get up early and go, but I did anyways. There were also two people who dont necessarily get along with me who were helping out too but seeing the children in their adorable costumes made everything better. Especially the kid who was dressed up as Gene Simmons. That was the best one.
Every Tuesday that I am available, I go to my church to help out a the food pantry. I usually help sort food, set up tables, hand out food, and then help clean up afterwards. It can be pretty boring at times, but just the same I always feel good about myself for helping out. Most of the other people working their are above 60 so it's nice to be able to make their work easier.
I helped a friend out at her yard sale. It was a lot of fun because we got to hang out but I also helped her and her family sell a lot of old stuff and make a few bucks.
There is this girl on my bus who isn't really popular. She is short, a freshman and not very confident. I decided out of everyone to sit by, I wanted to sit by her. I had a nice chat with her and when she went to get off the bus, she left a book where she had been sitting. I picked it up and ran it to her because she was already getting off the bus. It's not a really fantastic thing, but I do love helping people.
-Jamie Perry
Over the summer i helped out my neighbor with furniture that they needed to put in the house. I thought it would be a good thing to do because they were pretty old and the furniture was pretty heavy and they could of got hurt doing it themselves.
-Swagg :)
Everyday, except Tuesdays, I volunteer half of my lunch hour to VAMP (Viking Advisory and Mentoring Program). I help to lead a group of freshmen to help them get through their first year of high school. It is an awesome experience because I can really tell that they are starting to love it and I feel great that I am helping to impact their lives, even in a small way. Also, last Saturday I volunteered at an old folks home to play bingo with them. They were so cute and I just had a great time making small talk with them! I'm definitely going to go back there!
I volunteered at PADS which provides a shelter and food for those who are homeless at churches. It was a great experience because you never notice how normal these people are. They have cars, computers, and jobs, but they just lost their homes. Being homeless is a real thing, and people should try to help their neighbors to their best extent.
I volunteered at PADS which provides a shelter and food for those who are homeless at churches. It was a great experience because you never notice how normal these people are. They have cars, computers, and jobs, but they just lost their homes. Being homeless is a real thing, and people should try to help their neighbors to their best extent.
I've volunteered to help out at Little City, by going once a week with some friends. There, we play basketball and talk with boys our age who have special needs.
By giving just a little bit of time from my weekly schedule, I have been able to help out a lot in the local community. Also, I have seen the differences in background, abilities, and needs - but also seen the similarities that all humans share, like our ability to love and want to be loved.
~Lia Pagones
I am going to help at a race this weekend setting up and tearing down the course and also getting the runners ready to go with their chips and all. I'm glad I'm going to help because these people could use all the helping hands they could get and the race is for a good cause.
Last month, I participated in a downsyndrome walk for my two baby cousins. We went down to Cantigny Park and raised money for our team. There were also about 50 other teams there, and there were raffles, fun houses, and a dj. It felt so good to know that the money I spent on the whole event was going towards such a great cause. It's a good feeling to make a difference!
Post a Comment